Dash Camera Firmware
Latest Firmware for Cobra SC Dash Cameras
Find your dash camera model and click on the download link to get the latest firmware.
Users with firmware older than v1.51 will have to perform an additional update before installing the latest. Download here.
Users with firmware older than v1.44 will have to perform an additional update before installing the latest. Download here.
Users with firmware older than v2.01 will have to perform an additional update before installing the latest. Download here.
Firmware Update Instructions
Ensure the camera is connected to a constant power source during the update process. Failure to do so could result in your unit becoming non-functional. Your vehicles cigarette lighter socket or a household outlet work best
Using the Drive Smarter App
- Power up your camera by connecting to constant power source such as your vehicles CLA adapter or a household outlet.
- When you Connect your camera, the app will check if a newer firmware update is available on the server.
- Press ‘Download’ on the notification to download the latest Firmware.
- Follow the instructions on the Drive Smarter Mobile Application. If successful, the camera’s LED’s will begin blinking while the firmware is being installed.
- To check that the Firmware update was successful, you can check the ‘About’ screen in your camera’s settings menu
Using a Mac or PC
For optimal performance, check cobra.com or drivesmarter.com/support/firmware/ periodically for software updates.
- Connect the Dash Cam to your computer using the included USB to Micro-USB cable.
- The camera will be listed in Windows Explorer/Finder.
- Download the update file for your model and save it to your computer. It will end with “.bin” as the file extension. Note: You do not need to double click or open this file on the computer.
- Copy/paste or drag the update file you downloaded .bin file into the root directory of the Camera’s SD Card.
- Wait for the file to transfer and then safely disconnect the Dash Cam from the computer. The Dash Cam will turn off.
- Plug the Micro USB cord into a reliable power source such as your home’s outlet or your vehicle’s CLA adapter. The Dash Cam will turn on and automatically boot into the Firmware Update Menu.
- Follow the directions on the camera display to update firmware if the unit has one. Units without displays will update automatically.
- You can check if your camera is up to date by checking the firmware in your camera’s ‘About’ setting submenu.